Program Manager of $125 Million in enterprise acquisition programs, Law Enforcement Information Sharing Service (LEISS) and the Law Enforcement Centralized Access Development (LECAD) for the Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of the Chief Information Officer. Duties include planning and execution of financial budgets, logistical planning and directing human resources and the production and labor of over 200 technical and professional personnel associated with the contracts; serve also as Contract Officer Technical Representative (COTR); coordinate and develop relationships with multiple Federal Agencies, Local Law Enforcement and other agencies; management of business requirements; and reporting to Congress, DNI (PM-ISE) and the Department. Represent the Department of Homeland Security for Information Sharing initiatives in coordination with other Agencies, Departments, and local Law Enforcement and foreign governments. Key member of Crisis Action Planning team for Migrant Operations in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
• Successful creation and implementation of nation-wide outreach program for information sharing
• Directed and managed integration of NLETS, ARJIS, ONEDOJ, AZLINK, LASD, USCG, NDEX, TDEX, and LINX multi-agency Law Enforcement information systems, a monumental coordination feat that positively affects the entire Law Enforcement Community nation-wide by exposing DHS Law Enforcement information; received recognition
• Integrated massive volume of fused data with DoJ, EPIC, and DoS for improved intelligence gathering and analysis of open and closed cases
• Identification and change to several Federal policies to ease information sharing between agencies.
• Successfully kept program within budget and on schedule
• Recognized as first in the LE Information Sharing community to successfully integrate the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM)
• Lead team of support personnel to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to stand up and modernize the Migrant Operations Center GTMO in preparation for reported massive migration of refugees.
• Introduced NIEM value, benefits and capabilities to RCMP, Canada
• Achieved success with design, development and integration via coordination with Department of Justice of DNDPIX, an operations deconfliction and risk mitigation tool, identifying to LE officials when duplicate targets are identified
Project Manager providing specialized IT services for US Southern Command Chief Information Officer (CIO) including policy development, program management and technical standards implementation for development and implementation of Command, Control, Communications, and Computers System (C4S) Architectures for United States Southern Command (USSOUTHCOM), four components, and 32 nations in the AOR.
• Process improvement for information management through design, development and integration of the SOUTHCOM Theater Enterprise Management System (STEMS);
• Integration of emerging technology standards; development of a Knowledge Management baseline;
• Development and staff policy and procedures for implementation of technical standards and practices in the Headquarters and remote organizations
• Chosen as representative of executive team for the SOUTHCOM CIO in planning and successful implementation of the Strategic Communications Council, Knowledge Management Council, Information Technology Management Board, Collaboration Integration Working Group, Department of Defense Network Operations Data Strategy Working Group, and the Department of Defense Data Management Working Group
• Successfully implemented the SOUTHCOM Collaboration Information Environment (CIE); Network Centric Enterprise Services; USSOUTHCOM Data Strategy (Knowledge Sharing); and the Global Information Grid framework
• Completed strategic planning under Plan Colombia, working with Colombian Military and US Military for the integration of information systems in support of stated operational requirements.
Held a variety of positions as a tactical, operational and strategic Military Intelligence Officer. Planned and managed intelligence operations involving HUMINT and SIGINT assets in Latin America. Leader of a Spanish Linguist unit providing interrogation, interpretation and analytical services. Planned, conducted operational assessments, and trained military combat troops. U.S. Military representative during coordination and planning efforts with Foreign Nations and U.S. Federal Agencies in Central and South America in support of Civil Engineering Projects, Natural Disaster Response, Economic Development, Engineering Projects and Medical Readiness mission planning.
University of Maryland University College, College Park, Maryland
(MSIT) Information Technology Program Management, (incomplete)
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia
My Skills, Certifications, Licensures
Program Management, Disaster Planning, Intelligence Operations, Counter Narcotics and Counter Terrorism Operations, Information Technology Strategies, International Programs, Contracts Management, Acquisition, Team Building
Program Management BOK Certification Boot Camp
Senior Executive Service (SES) Assessment Program, WMDC,
Defense Acquisition University, Homeland Security Program Management,
Defense Acquisition University, Homeland Security Acquisition Certification,
University Maryland University College, Business Strategies,
US Army Combined Arms Service Staff School (CAS3),
US Army Military Intelligence Officer Advance Course,
US Army Intelligence in Combating Terrorism Course,
Defense Institute for Security Assistance Management,
JFK Warfare School, Civil Affairs Course,
US Army Officer Basic Course,
Are you a veteran?
Do you have security clearance?
Best email address to reach me
Scott A. Johnston
16171 SW 49 Court (305) 790-7827
Miramar, Florida 33027 Sajohnston3@yahoo.com
You need to be a member of TalentNetwork.jobs to add comments!